Freelancer workers and entrepreneurs can now enjoy the benefits of working in the fully stocked office without compromising on their benefits as individual worker. Co-working start up companies are finding success by offering their employees fun and collaborative work space with incredible amenities. Long term suitability and productivity at the work space have been brewing problems under the surface. The co working spaces have incredible perks as well as few drawbacks affecting the productivity so a reality check on the co-working space turns quite important before making a choice.
Shared office spaces are bundled many amenities like printers, Wi-Fi networks, coffee stations and many other perks. The startup company using the space need not worry about paying huge rentals to set up an office. It is a financially viable choice even for the corporates who wants to extend their operations to the distant locations.
Unbeatable perks and amenities
Shared spaces bring unbeatable amenities that no startup company can afford. Apart from good internet speeds and plug and play work stations, office spaces also equip on demand meeting rooms, cafeterias, jogging and gym areas of employees there motivating them for healthy workouts.
Many companies and individual workers would like to go for demo before they make shared working space their choice of work station. Adhering their requirements, they are many flexible options like desk rentals for a day or month before taking the final call.
Collaboration and networking
This is a huge benefit your business will enjoy with coworking space rentals. You will be working with many people of different professions under one roof and this gives a chance collaboration with your friend companies that may progress your business and build a strong network with the professionals in the other fields that may turn helping hand for your business in near future.
As people of different professions working around you. working in a shared space can be a noisy affair. It may disturb your focus on the work and affect your productivity.
People socialize more and discuss non work related issues and there are chances of more conflicts when you share same space with others. You privacy may be at risk if you happen to share the space with your competitor.
The reality check
- Don’t either fall for the low rentals or amenities the owners of the coworking space offer. Check if the space is noisy to work or many people getting around to socialize as it may impact productivity. Look for the office space that offer sound proof work stations and conference rooms for important meetings.
- Check if the office is commutable and you have ample working space. searching for parking space in the parking lot or renting a cab for longer distance would waste your time.
- Amenities offered by the coworking space owners look attractive but consider their effect on your productivity which is most important for any business.
- Check for the extra incentives that coworking space offers like meet with industry experts through periodic functional sessions.
- You can even conduct trail sessions for few days or weeks to examine favor ability of the work place as per your work requirements. Check if the place is noisy or right work environment for to gel with your coworkers.